I learned about fruit Bath in Orientation camp during my NYSC year. Though very stressful it was a year of a wonderful experience, among so many things taught during the training on Skills and acquisition in the camp, I took interest on just a few products such as perfume, hair cream, dettol, liquid washing soap, body lotion and Vaseline production, including how to make fruit bath.
Bar soaps are actually good, some people even prefer something of more liquid, such as body wash to just squirt on a bathing sponge. In the production of liquid bathing soap, you have the opportunity to either thicken your soap and make it a bit foamy or make it a bit viscous, you have the choice to either use natural ingredients such as honey, aloe vera, beeswax or lemon.
You can make this just on your own at a very cheap cost without spending much, just within a day.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for making fruit bath
- C.M.C (Antisol or Nitrosol), 1/2kg
- SLS (sodium laurel sulphate), 1/2kg
- Soda ash, 1/2 kg
- Stpp, 1/2kg
- Sulphonic acid, 2 liters
- Texapol 1/4 kg
- Color (as desired)
- Caustic soda, 1/4 kg
- Fragrance (as desired)
- Preservative, 5 ml or 2 tablespoons
- Water, 15 liters
- Lime juice or orange peels from 1 ball of lime or orange
- Honey, 5 ml
- Aloe Vera, 1/2 cup
Production Process of Fruit Bath
- Start by dissolving antisol with 10 liters of water for at least 24 hours and then.
- Dissolve nitrosol with 10 liters and used it immediately.
- Dissolve caustic soda with the little of the remaining water within 24 hours and keep aside, Dissolve soda ash and set aside, do the same for Stpp and SLS, and set aside.
- Finally, dissolve texapol with sulphuric acid and also dissolve the color with a small quantity of water.
- After dissolving all these chemicals,
- Add caustic soda solution into the texapol and sulphuric acid and stir it gently.
- Add the required amount of water and keep stirring it until it turns whitish.
- Add STPP, SLS solution, soda ash solution.
- Turn the mixture into the antisol you have dissolved and stir it gently.
- Finally add the lime, aloe vera, honey, and the color and stir it gently until all the ingredients are well mixed if the content is too thick, feel free to dilute it with water until you get the consistency you want. Leave it to settle and shake before each use.
You now have your homemade bath fruit. You can pour it into a bottle for home use or you can package it for sale.