Just like I have said earlier in one of my posts that there are many healthy pasta recipes like macaroni of which spaghetti is one of them, indeed spaghetti is one of the best and most common consumed pastas in many countries of the world and it is usually garnished with different spices and in different ways, it can be baked, boiled, fried or steamed. With the many spaghetti recipes, one can easily know and have new ideas on how to cook spaghetti at any time of the day, whether you need a recipe for breakfast, lunch or dinner, spaghetti can serve as a good start, because no matter how you want it to be ,you can easily fix it up with just few ingredients.
I have earlier written on various pasta recipes which include macaroni, jollof spaghetti, couscous and one of my recent spaghetti sauces recipes which are spaghetti Bolognese was indeed a hit, and you can check it out for yourself. However, I have decided to figure out a different spaghetti recipe which I made with mixed vegetables (green beans, carrots, tomatoes and spring onions) which is exactly what you are seeing above. The good thing about this spaghetti recipe is that it is very simple to make and more vegetables like green peas, coriander and bell peppers can be added to prepare this. Another thing I love about this spaghetti dish is the fact that I had to use the stir fry method of one my recipes (instant fried noodles) to make this, and believe me, the picture you are seeing above cant really explain how tasty this spaghetti was, but since am going to leave you with some simple steps below, it will be easy for you to add some twigs to yours and make it even more delicious and yummy to your taste.
Spaghetti is an easy dish that can be cooked in different ways using various ingredients. The best thing to consider while preparing any spaghetti dish is to decide on how you want the spaghetti to taste, the appearance and the richness of the dish. A lot of people love to garnish their spaghetti with grated or melted cheese, salad; others would rather love to keep their spaghetti dishes simple with just few ingredients. Still yet majority would love to make their spaghetti with sauce (spaghetti sauce or stew), meatballs, ground meat, and shrimps or with fish (tuna or salmon). In this case, when it comes to spaghetti recipe, it is best you decide on the type of garnishing you have in mine to make your spaghetti tasty and nice looking. The above spaghetti dish was made with few simple ingredients which I have mentioned afore time, you can choose to add more or reduce from the listed ingredients and make this simple spaghetti dish how you want it be.
Additionally, other pastas such as chicken spaghetti recipe could be used including ground beef, ground turkey or pork; the amount of meat you would love to add to make this recipe depends on your choice, also try pigs in a blanket. Also, if you prefer to make your spaghetti with no meat in it, try adding some vegetables to garnish it, it is even healthier to add vegetables to dishes like this than using meat. So it is now up to you to decide on that and if you are going to make this spaghetti for 10- 20 people (feeding a crowd, just like party rice), just increase the spaghetti quantity and the ingredients based on the number of people that are going to be fed, and also note that spaghetti dishes are kids friendly, if you are to feed toddlers with this food, try as much as possible to control the amount of pepper you are to add into this so as not to offend their taste buds. It is as easy as that, and I hope this is helpful.
Table of Contents
Simple delicious spaghetti ingredients
- 500g spaghetti (1 pack)
- 300g fresh tomatoes, finely diced or simply use canned tomato
- 500 g meat balls, ground beef, pork or iced fish
- 5 pieces medium carrots, chopped into smaller sizes
- 3 sticks spring onions, chopped into smaller pieces
- cup green beans, chopped into smaller sizes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- teaspoon ginger
- teaspoon nutmeg
- 100 -150ml Vegetable oil
- 3 scotch bonnet or hot chillies
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 2 table spoons ground crayfish or substitute this with fresh shrimp or any seafood of your choice.
Procedures to cook best and delicious spaghetti recipe
- Place a large pot containing salted water on a stove and empty spaghetti into it when it has boiled.
- Let the spaghetti cook until it is soft to your taste.
- Drain the spaghetti in a colander and return it into the pot and cover for later use.
- Heat a sauce pan on a stove and some vegetable oil into it and fry chopped onions and garlic for 1 minute.
- Add ground beef or fish and fry together with the onions for 10 minutes, season with pepper, I stock cube and salt.
- When the meat is properly fried, transfer it into a plate and add chopped fresh tomatoes into the pan and fry until soft and the water dries.
- Add carrots and green beans into the same pan and stir fry. Season the content with two seasoning cubes, ginger, nutmeg, crayfish, curry, thyme and salt and stir it properly, and let the content simmer on a medium heat, until the sourness of the fresh tomatoes is gone and the carrots and beans are cooked, but not to become brown.
- Bring the meat and boiled spaghetti into the sauce and mix it up with a wooden spatula or a convenient spoon, add the spring onions and stir until all the vegetables and the ingredients incorporates with every strand of the spaghetti.
- Taste for salt and adjust the necessary spice, cover the pot and reduce the flame. The spaghetti should be allowed to warm up on a low heat until more flavour comes out for a better taste and aroma.
- Open and stir the spaghetti one more time, put off heat. Your delicious and flavourful spaghetti is good to go. Enjoy.
Simple steps to cook best and delicious spaghetti recipe
- Empty spaghetti from the pack and cook on boiled salted water until the spaghetti is soft enough to chew.
2. When the spaghetti is soft, drain the liquid with a colander and return it to the pot to keep it warm.
3. Heat a sauce pan on a stove, add vegetable oil to it and fry chopped onions and garlic for a minute.
4. Add ground beef or fish, depending on the one you are using. Season with pepper, salt and one stock cube and stir fry until it turns brown.
5. Transfer the meat into a plate (this is not a must though) and add the chopped tomatoes into the oil and fry.
6. Add carrots, green beans ad season the content with ginger, curry, thyme, nutmeg, crayfish and salt and then stir to combine.
7. Return the ground beef into the sauce if you are using that, otherwise there is no need for that. Bring the boiled spaghetti into the sauce and stir with a spatula, allow the spaghetti to mix up with the sauce properly.
8. Add spring onions and stir well. Cover the pot and allow the spaghetti to get heated to bring out more flavour on a low heat.
9. Open and stir the spaghetti and then leave it on heat for just 2 minutes or more.
10. Put off heat and serve the spaghetti with chilled salad or if you want it to have a creamy appearance, top it with melted cheese and enjoy chilled lemon fruit punch.