Garlic paste recipe: How to make garlic paste at home

Photo of Garlic paste recipe: How to make garlic paste at home

If you are always cooking with garlic, half a jar of homemade garlic paste will save you a lot of time. Garlic isnt only used for making food to taste good, it has so many benefits and it is good you consume this always by adding it to your stir fries, stews, chicken sauces and fried rice dishes.

Garlic pasteis just a simple pureed garlic cloves made with few tablespoons of oil, you can prepare this easy garlic paste and keep in the fridge or freezer and use as needed. It is a great, healthy, time saving cooking ingredient to have always. Garlic is one of the most versatile condiments you should have, it has lots health benefits such

• Garlic is very low in calories
  • It is easy to Include it in your diet and it tastes absolutely amazing.
  • It contains a strong antioxidant property (allicin) which helps to fight harmful free radicals in the body.
  • It is believed to reduce blood pressure especially in people with high blood pressure.
  • Eating garlic often may help detoxify heavy metals in the body.

Even if you dont have a food processor or blender, you can still make your garlic paste with a knife at home.

Garlic is also very easy to peel as there are variety of ways to peel it, when peeling this vegetable, I use my fingers and to separate the cloves from the entire head, with a kitchen knife I cut away the brown top of the garlic to make the peeling easy, and then pressed the firm cloves against my fingers to pull out the skinr with my fingertips.

If you are peeling a large quantity of garlic, all you need to do is to use two stainless steel plates, place the garlic cloves into one of the plates. Turn a second bowl the same size upside down and place them together to form a dome. You will have to shake this vigorously for a minute or two for the skin to be removed.

When making garlic paste, you can use a small food processor; a bigger food processor requires much garlic in order to spin and smoothen it, however you can use a grinder, depending on the type you have at home. I also have a short video above on how garlic paste is made, do check it out.

Table of Contents

Ingredients for garlic paste

• Two cups of peeled garlic cloves
  • cup of sun flower or olive oil
Fresh and firm garlic cloves
Fresh and firm garlic cloves

Directions on how to make garlic paste

1. Measure 2 cups of garlic cloves into a bowl, you can peel this with a knife or by shaking the garlic repeatedly in a bowl.
  2. Once you have peeled the garlic, discard the skin and place the garlic cloves in a food processor or grinder.
  3. Puree the garlic until it is almost smooth, you can stop to scrape the sides of the grinder with a spoon and then continue.
  4. When the garlic is almost smooth, gradually add in 2 tablespoons of sun flower oil or olive oil to it and blend until it is really smooth and nice.
  5. Once you have notice a creamy look like a beaten egg whites, you can now stop and transfer the creamy garlic paste into glass jar or bowl with a fitting lid.
  6. Nicely level the garlic paste in the bowl using a spoon. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to it, seal it up and leave in the fridge or freezer if you want it to stay longer.

Directions to make garlic paste with pictures

1. Measure 2 cups of garlic cloves into a bowl, you can peel this with a knife or by shaking the garlic repeatedly in a bowl.

2. Once you have peeled the garlic, discard the skin and place the garlic cloves in a food processor or grinder.

Peeled garlic cloves
Peeled garlic cloves

3. Puree the garlic until it is almost smooth, you can stop to scrape the sides of the grinder with a spoon and then continue blending.

Pureed garlic paste
Pureed garlic paste

4. When the garlic is almost smooth, gradually add in 2 tablespoons of sun flower oil or olive oil to it and blend until it is really smooth and nice.

5. Once you have notice a creamy look like a beaten egg whites, you can now stop and transfer the creamy garlic paste into glass jar or bowl with a fitting lid.

Garlic paste is ready once it is smooth and creamy
Garlic paste is ready once it is smooth and creamy

6. Nicely level the garlic paste in the bowl using a spoon. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to it, seal it up and leave in the fridge or freezer if you want it to stay longer.

Easy garlic paste
Easy garlic paste

Homemade garlic paste
Homemade garlic paste