This simple and easy homemade biscuit needs just 3 ingredients and you will have the best biscuit recipe made without milk and without baking powder. If you want a gluten-free biscuit recipe, you have to use gluten free flour such as cornstarch, tapioca flour (which makes it too chewy), chickpeas flour, almond flour, or potato starch. Read to see how to make biscuits at home from scratch with 3 ingredients.
3 Ingredients for Making Homemade Biscuit Recipe
- 1 and a half cup of Flour
- 10 tablespoons of Butter
- 1/4 cup of Sugar powder (icing sugar or confectioner’s sugar)
For the flour, any type of flour can do but for starchy flour like tapioca starch, it is good you combine with less starchy flour such as chickpeas flour or cornflour.
Steps on How to Make Biscuits from Scratch (Easy Biscuit Recipe)
Making the biscuit dough
- Firstly, you need to make the biscuit dough; you do this by bringing the butter into a mixing bowl and adding the icing sugar to it.
- Mix and stir with a spatula or a mixer until the butter becomes fluffy and well combined with the sugar powder.
- Now add the flour, a little at a time. Stir to combine until you have a crumbly mixture then start using your hand to make the dough for your 3 ingredient biscuit recipe.
- Use your two hands to mix and massage the dough until it becomes soft and smooth.
Using your biscuits cutter to cut the dough into shapes
- Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface for rolling the biscuit dough you just made.
- Use a cling film to line the surface of your dough before using the rolling pin; this helps to smoothen the top of your dough and also prevents it from cracking.
- After lining the dough with a cling film, use a rolling pin to flatten the dough to have an inch thickness then start cutting your biscuits.
- Use a biscuit cutter or cookie cutter. If you don’t have any, simply use any rounded and sharp cover of a container with a diameter you desire. You can cut it into desired shapes, even squares.
- Any remaining dough can be remolded again and cut again.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the cutout biscuit dough into your baking tray.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176 degrees Celsius and bake your biscuit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove from the oven and allow your homemade biscuits to cool down completely and enjoy.
I really love eating this simple biscuit recipe and doesn’t take much time to make. It is an easy snack you can make for your kids to take to school ( a simple tiffin box idea).
Any excess can be stored in an airtight container and eaten anytime you need it within 1 week.